Friday, August 17, 2012

Glasses Case- revamped!

I got new glasses yesterday. And by new glasses, I mean I have never worn glasses before, and they are COMPLETELY new to me.  I scored a great deal on frames online, and am totally thrilled with how my glasses look! I was not, however, thrilled with the case they sent with my glasses (honestly though, it was a free case, and I am not complaining!)

Here is the before: totally boring, plain blue plastic.


So I started by spray painting it silver:


And added some detail by covering it with a piece of lace, and spraypainting a coat of red.



Heres how it looks!



I thought it was still a little too plain, so using modpodge, I added some glitter to a few of the details and around the edge, once dry, add another layer of modpodge to seal.


So now the outside is pretty, how about the inside? using fabric, batting, thin cardboard and some hotglue, I made the inside both soft and pretty!


The bottom part also lifts up, leaving enough space to stash a cleaning cloth!


All finished, and ready for glasses!


No comments:

Post a Comment