Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Decorated Cross

I purchased this unfinished cross at Walmart for less than $3 to fill a hole in my gallery wall... ( yes, I have a gallery wall... I know how "trendy" they are, but I put one up to save money on decoration costs! I basically used as many pieces of artwork of mine and my husbands that I could find and suplemented those with some other inexpensive pieces and some that I made! Like this one...)



I painted it brown, and used mod podge to glue a thrifted map to the top layer. (The map was not a normal city map, and I'm not sure where it was for, but it had foreign sounding names. I bought two at goodwill for 99cents each!)


And I used some gold glitter glue around the outer edge to add some sparkle, and to help it pop a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment